Jumaat, 11 Februari 2011

Letter to Editor by Khoo Teng Shin, former participant of ARTS-ED

To the Editor, 
 
I wish to share my 2cents worth on the current issue of the my Balik Pulau controversy as a former participant in Arts-Ed Programs.

by Khoo Teng Shin

I was a participant in the Anak-Anak Kota, Arts-Ed program and am one that has benefited a lot from it in terms of personal character development. As a tertiary student now, I wish to state once again that Arts-Ed is a non-political organization that focuses on promoting cultural heritage conservation amongst children and school students. 
 
I wish to urge the politicians to not politicize this brochure and respect the work of these schoolchildren and their months of hard work by not burning their hard work.This is an insult to these schoolchildren and their effort. If the multiracial schoolchildren in this program can work together so tightly gathering information on their hometown, I do not see why the adults can not learn a thing or two from them. Arts-Ed has never claimed to produce these brochures as textbooks and no one should falsely accuse them of doing so.
 
Once again, I wish to once again urge all of us to stop disrespecting the work of these schoolchildren and act more maturely in the near future.
 
Thanks.
 
Best regards,
tengshin
12 Feb 2011